Updated: Jun 15, 2020
I hope you're all keeping well and safe.
I take photographs extensively with both my phone as well as my DSLR. Over the years, the line between the things you can achieve from Mobile Photography as opposed to DSLR photography has become so narrow, which means you can take equally awesome pics with your mobile phone !
The photos you take can make all the difference especially if you are an aspiring photographer or a business. With the help of the below 5 golden tips, you can be your own photographer and create content that will help you stand out with amazing images that reflect your unique style and ethos with your mobile phone!
1) Two Second Rule - Before and after you take any picture, hold your device for 2 seconds. This will avoid any blur and give sharper images.
The most common cause for camera blur is shaky images.
Usually, when its bright outside, a little camera movement is fine. However, when it's dark, it's very important to apply the 2 second rule for clearer pictures. The reason is, during the day when there is a lot of light, the camera adapts to fast shutter speed to block the excess light and at night, the camera adapts to slower shutter speed.
2) Clean your lens - Cleaning your mobile lenses might seem obvious, but a lot of people forget to do it. You spend an awful lot of time with your mobile phones in your hand, making it dirty from dust and fingerprints.
Use a soft cloth to regularly clean your lenses - it will really make your pics look clearer and sharper.
3) Shoot HDR for evenly lit photos - If you want your pictures to look evenly lit, switch on HDR on your mobile phone and instantly notice the difference.
4) Tell a story - Anyone can take a picture, but to take a picture that tells a story adds more meaning to the photograph. Instead of simply clicking away, try take a picture that can have a story to it.
5) Try Rule of thirds for better composition -
Mentally divide your image using 2 horizontal lines and 2 vertical lines.
Position the important elements in your scene along those lines, or at the points where they meet.
Fortunately, most mobile cameras has a handy tool to help you compose using the rule of thirds - USE THE GRID!
Remember to check out my blog on the Photography Workshops and Masterclasses I have on currently! The sale for this month's Masterclass is on till Monday (15th)!
June 14th (this Sunday), 11AM - 1PM UK Time/ 3.30 - 5.30 PM Indian Time
June 21st & 28th, 11AM - 1 PM UK Time / 3.30 - 5.30 PM Indian Time
June 27th, 1.00 - 5.00 PM UK Time / 5.30 PM - 9.30 PM Indian Time
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO BOOK FOR OUR WORKSHOP/MASTERCLASSES!
Stay safe and keep spreading happiness,
Co-founder - Omart Creations